Sunday, May 8, 2011

I am finally about to start writing this paper.

Rachael and Olivia both left within the past hour, and I think the reality that the year really is coming to a close has finally hit me full force. I spent the morning helping Marilyn, Olivia's mum, bring the last elevator-load of Olivia's things down to their car. It was a nice excuse to procrastinate and in any case I was happy to help. I love Mamma Cucco!

I went down to lunch hoping to make myself a sandwich, but I forgot that it was Sunday and when I got to the dining hall it was all breakfast/brunch food, so I ended up taking a sleeve of rice cakes back to my room. I think I will eat them with peanut buttah, yum yum. While I was downstairs, I stopped in the kitchen to give the Ham-MacGregor dining staff a "thank-you" note. As boring as work in the dining halls might be, I absolutely loved getting to know the staff. At the beginning of the semester I made it my goal to learn all of their names (thirteen in all!), because I am a firm believer in appreciating everyone, especially those people who sometimes are forgotten or "melt into the background." The chefs in my dorm are so funny and cheerful and sweet! I honestly think I will miss them a bit next year. :)

Speaking of appreciation, today is Mother's Day and obviously I would like to make a shout-out to my own lovely mum! 

I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment