Sunday, January 16, 2011

Today is my

last day of work at the EcoTarium this break. We're having a full staff meeting, which I am such a nerd to admit I am excited for! I haven't seen most of my coworkers since this summer, so it will be nice to catch up with them for a few hours and see how things have been. I guess we are gathering to discuss the quality of the museum tours that we have been giving during our birthday parties. Some hosts, it turns out, make up information when they forget what to say, which, I think, probably goes over fine with the kids, who are too excited for cake and ice cream to really notice, but is likely intercepted by the parents who are smart enough to realize that a polar bear doesn't eat penguins, because penguins live in the South Pole and polar bears live in the North Pole. I worked at the EcoTarium from 9-5 yesterday, and it was my first time working straight through the day there. I was absolutely exhausted by the time I got home, but I am really glad that I did it. It really opened my eyes about parenting, though: if after spending eight hours with a bunch of screaming five-year olds I am too tired to even complete coherent sentences, imagine how hard it must be for mothers and fathers to devote most of their time to raising their children. I have even more respect for my parents now. Three girls are a handful.

Tonight we are finally taking down the Christmas decorations. We are a little late in the season to be unstringing the lights and everything, but even still, a part of me will be sad to see all the twinkling go away. All the sparkle makes life so cheerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment