Monday, January 31, 2011

"Oh be careful!--if you breathe, it breaks."

It has been an extraordinarily long day, and even though I feel exhausted and would love more than anything to crawl under my comforter and fall asleep right now, I am really happy because I was so productive today!

Today I:
-slept late! My Scottish Lit class was canceled so I was able to sleep until 8:40. It was lovely.
-completed my French composition.
-worked in the dining hall from 12:30-2:30.
-did all of my laundry.
-went to the gym for an hour.
-auditioned for The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams.
-did not give in to the temptation to watch "90210" or "The Bachelor" instead of doing work.

In order to go to bed, all I have to do is read fifty more pages of Rob Roy and study French for about an hour. I can do this! With any luck I will be pajama-ed and under the covers by midnight. It is amazing to me how happy I feel. Putting myself through a constant "go, go, go!" today was tiresome in the moment, but looking back this kind of pace is seriously so rewarding. I feel less stressed already. =)

Title quote, The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams.

1 comment:

  1. I like how sleeping in was included in being productive. :P Also, love Mr. Williams!

    ReplyDelete