Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day One.

Today was my first day of second-semester classes. I had Scottish Lit bright and early this morning, at 8:35, and my professor seems nice enough. The class is rather large (twenty-two), so I am unsure how much I am going to like the atmosphere (I almost always prefer smaller English classes), but I am excited about the [enormous] course load, and ready to learn more about a large part of my heritage. I had French today, as well, about which I was more than a little nervous, because I may or may not have forgotten to review over break....oops. But Madame Holden-Avard is as wonderful as ever, and I am determined to bounce back!

The weirdest part of today was when I woke up this morning. In my dream I had just arrived, dressed in a black floor-length evening dress, to a performance by the New York Philharmonic. Right as the orchestra began to swell with the first notes of the piece, my cell phone burst into "You & I Both" by Jason Mraz, simultaneously jolting me from my sleep (it was the alarm on my real cell phone going off) and embarrassing the crap out of me as I sat, in my dream, among hundreds of upper-crust socialites and tried to silence my phone. Bizarrrrrre.

No comments:

Post a Comment