Saturday, December 11, 2010

i looked up into the grey sky

The right side of my back hurts tremendously. I think I slept on it wrong or something; probably, I slept on my side. I used to be a side sleeper but then I started getting really bad back pain. So I switched to lying on my back, and now I can't fall asleep any other way. I was at UMass last night, though, and sharing a twin bed is not conducive to healthful sleep.

I've been listening to a lot of upbeat music lately, the kind that makes me want to dance even when I'm standing in line or walking down the street. (A tiny part of me longs for my own "(500) Days of Summer" spontaneous dance routine.) The song of the day is "Black and Gold" by Sam Sparro.

I feel a way of something beyond them:
I don't see what I can feel.
If vision is the only validation,
then most of my life isn't real.

'Cause if you're not really here
then the stars don't even matter.
Now I'm filled to the top with fear
but it's all just a bunch of matter.
'Cause if you're not really here
then I don't want to be, either.
I want to be next to you.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I watched that movie just yesterday! Such a fun scene! :)

    ReplyDelete